You asked, we answered: The top three consumer questions about Fusion Stone
August 24, 2016
Fusion Stone is a stone veneer that combines classical stone with modern design and materials. Although it is now more popular than ever many people still have questions about this amazing product.
1. What are the advantages of Fusion Stone?
Fusion Stone has many advantages compared to traditional stone and other building materials, including:
- Cost – Fusion Stone veneer is inexpensive compared to other building materials, both in terms of the cost of the materials and the installation process. By some estimates stone veneer is one-third to half of the price of the most cost-effective traditional stone options.
- Easy Installation – Fusion Stone comes with a patented hook and clip system that makes it fast and simple to install. This means that homeowners and business owners can either install Fusion Stone themselves or hire a general contractor to do it rather than seeking the help of a specialized stone contractor.
- Weight – Fusion Stone is much lighter than natural stone options. This reduces the cost of shipping and installing the materials, and also makes it more versatile. Traditional stone cannot be installed just anywhere. It needs to be supported by a sturdy structure.
- Versatility – Fusion Stone is easy to install almost anywhere, inside or outside, on almost any structure, including sheds, boathouses, and barns. Inside, stone veneer is the perfect choice for wine cellars, kitchens, washroom backsplashes, basements or accent walls.
- Style – Fusion Stone comes in a wider range of styles and colours than many other stone options, making it the perfect choice for your home, business, office, cottage, or other properties.
2. Is stone veneer a new material?
Stone veneer has been around, in one form or another, for thousands of years. Stone veneer was commonly used throughout the Roman Empire and even the Coliseum was originally covered in marble veneer.
Modern stone veneer first came to prominence in the late 19th century and became extremely popular in the 1930s, 40s and 50s. As stone veneer evolved it became more modern in style and function. Modern materials and designs were incorporated, bringing this ancient product into the modern world.
Fusion Stone, a leader in stone veneer, is manufactured by a Canadian company with a history of nearly 70 years. Today, stone veneer is more popular than ever.
3. How ‘green’ is stone veneer?
Fusion Stone products are very environmentally friendly. Everything from the raw materials used, to the manufacturing process, to its lifecycle comply with LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) standards.
Sustainable manufacturing – Fusion Stone is manufactured from natural stone blended with the maximum amount of recycled materials possible to create a strong, reliable and environmentally friendly material. All waste from the manufacturing process is recycled or treated to meet the highest industry standards.
Sustainable transportation – Fusion Stone is manufactured and shipped locally, reducing transportation emissions. Once it arrives on site stone veneer does not require any additional support structure, reducing the amount of materials used in the construction process.
Built to last – after installation Fusion Stone gains further LEED credibility due to the fact that it is durable enough to extend the lifespan of the underlying structure, but designed to be easily disassembled without causing damage or pollution.
Safe – Fusion Stone is fire resistant, providing protection to you and your family and to the environment by preventing the release of smoke into the atmosphere. Stone veneer also reduces heating and energy costs by insulating and retaining temperatures.